Brahmanbaria District:

Brahmanbaria is a district in east-central Bangladesh. It is a part of the Chittagong Division ,with an area of 1927.11 sq km, is bounded by kishoreganj and habiganj district on the north, comilla district on the south, Hobiganj district and Tripura State of India on the east and meghna river, Kishoreganj, narsingdi and narayanganj districts on the west. The district is a lowlying land having small hills and hillocks of red soil. Annual highest average temperature 34.3C and lowest 12.7C; Annual total rain fall is 2551 mm.

Brahmanbaria (Town) consists of 12 wards and 46 mahallas. The area of the town is 30.82 sq km. It has a population of 131334; male 51.34%, female 48.66%. Literacy rate among the town people is 52.3%. Brahmanbaria town began to grow from the nineteenth century. The town was turned into a municipality in 1869. The tomb of Hazrat Syed Kazi Mahmud Shah (R) is located at Kazipara of the town. During the invasion of Munipur by the British in 1824. Brahmanbaria town was their military headquarters. The main business centres of the town are Ananda Bazar and Tanbazar. Other notable areas of the town are Jagatbazar, Mahabedab Patti, Kalaishreepara, Madhyapara, Kazipara and Kandhipara.



Spots

demo spot , demo spot , demo spot , demo spot , demo spot ,