Noakhali District:

Noakhali District (Chittagong division) with an area of 3600.99 sq km, is bounded by comilla district on the north, the Meghna estuary and the bay of bengal on the south, feni and chittagong districts on the east, lakshmipur and bhola districts on the west. Annual average temperature: maximum 34.3C, minimum 14.4C; annual rainfall 3302 mm. Main rivers are Bamni and meghna.

Noakhali (Town) Noakhali Sadar upazila town (Maijdi) consists of 9 wards and 36 mahallas. It has an area of 12.61 sq km. The town has a population of 74585; male 51.50%, female 48.50%; population density per sq km 5915. Literacy rate among the town people is 60.7%. The ancient name of Noakhali Sadar was Sudharam. In 1948 when the upazila headquarters were extinct by the erosion of the Meghna River, it was shifted 8 km to the north to its present place at Maijdi. The town has five dakbungalows.

Administration Noakhali district, whose earlier name was Bhulua, was established in 1821. It was named Noakhali in 1868. It consists of six upazilas, 5 municipalities, 45 wards, 90 mahallas, 83 union parishads, 909 mouzas and 978 villages. The upazilas are noakhali sadar, begumganj, chatkhil, companiganj, hatiya and senbagh; the municipalities are Begumganj (Chawmuhani), Companiganj (Bashurhat), Noakhali Sadar, Chatkhil, Kabirhat (Sadar).



Spots

demo spot , demo spot , demo spot , demo spot , demo spot ,