Rangpur District:

Rangpur is a district in Northern Bangladesh. It is a part of the Rangpur Division.

Under the RANGPUR division (one of seven divisions) composed of eight districts of the northern Bangladesh, the District of Rangpur is bordered on the north by Nilphamari District, on the south by Gaibandha District, on the east by Kurigram, and on the west by Dinajpur district. Rangpur town is the divisional headquarter. The soil composition is mainly alluvial soil (80%) of the Teesta River basin, and the remaining is barind soil. The temperature ranges from 32 degrees Celsius to 11 degrees Celsius, and the annual rainfall averages 2931 mm.

Rangpur town, covering an area of around 43 square kilometers, lies on the bank of the Ghaghat river, and was turned into a municipality back in 1869. The population of the Rangpur municipality as of 2006 is 251,699, with 52% male and 48% female, and the literacy rate is 54.6%. Establishment of Rangpur City Corporation, as Divisional City is now under way after the establishment of Rangpur Division in January 2010. The area of Rangpur City Corporation is estimated to be around 100 square kilometer accommodating about 6 million population by next Census of 2011. Rangpur city would be the fifth largest city of Bangladesh after Dhaka (125 million), Chittagong (30 million), Khulna (10 million) and Rajshahi (8 million) estimated population by the next 2011 census.





Spots

demo spot , demo spot , demo spot , demo spot , demo spot ,